FASCINATED BY SHOES
2023 SPRING / SUMMER COLLECTION
D.D.STEP is a high-quality children brand founded by a 3rd generation shoemaker family, started from men shoes, ladies shoes to kids shoes. It was a combination of invention and craftsmanship that's remained at the heart of what we do. And whilst now, every pair of our shoes begins with a last carved by hand and advanced construction techniques help us deliver perfection walking experience for the future master of our world.
Each step of a child is our responsibility. Each decision, each shoe we made today decide how the world will be like and how the kids will be grow. With our iconic 3D STITCH construction which use 70% less chemicals in production for better world and better health, while without compromising in comfortability and quality, we created the brand D.D.STEP.
The philosophy of barefoot is to maximise the nature ground feeling in every step we make. Barefoot shoes are designed to promote freedom of movement while also strengthening kids’ feet, which grow weak over time due to the excessive cushioning and cramped toe boxes found in most regular shoes. Humans didn’t always wear shoes – for most of evolutionary history we’ve gone barefoot.
Barefoot shoes are more like minimalist versions of conventional shoes. They still have a sole, side and upper materials, and use various fastening methods, but they’re much thinner and lighter. This means their build usually varies from conventional shoes in several key ways:
1. No elevated heel: standard shoes have a raised heel section, or “heel drop”, which forces us to adjust our balance while wearing them. The body has to lean back to compensate for the elevated angle, which disrupts posture and gait.
2. Minimal padding: when wearing shoes with padded heels and soles, people tend to develop a habit of exaggerated heel-striking when they walk and run. This is not how humans evolved to walk, and if done barefoot would quickly result in heel injury.
3. Ultra-thin sole: barefoot shoes have extremely slim soles, which allows for greater sensory feedback. The feet are just as biomechanically complex as the hands, but a thick sole prevents our feet from accurately sensing the surfaces beneath us.
4. Flexible material: conventional shoes – especially hard dress shoes and high heels – do not allow our feet to bend with each step as they normally would, preventing natural walking and running movement.
5. Wide toe box: toe boxes on regular shoes cram the toes into a tight space that does not match the actual shape of our feet. As kids grow, their naturally splayed toes become cramped and curled by the mechanical forces being applied to them (by shoes). Over time, barefoot shoes may be able to restore your toe splay.
6. Minimal arch support: a healthy foot does not need a thick protective pad between the arch and the ground. The natural function of the longitudinal arches is to act as a spring that loads and unloads with each step.
What are those benefits to wear barefoot shoes? Regaining a natural gait is the main one, but this can also correct posture and spine alignment when we move. Improved proprioception – that’s the awareness of our body’s positioning and movement – is another big one, and is easily dulled by wearing thick-soled shoes.
A DDStep | SUN REACTIVE shoes react to UV light, the transformation begins when there is a strong UV source.
Waterproof footwear is equipped with a special membrane material that absorbs and removes sweat, while not allowing water and moisture into the inside of the shoe.